AXO Models Assembly Tips
Printing and building AXO Models is fun and easy. Here are some tips to help you along the way.
- AXO's joints are made to fit tight. Don't rush it. You can sand them down a bit to make them snap into place.
- All 3D printed parts tend to have a lip on the bottom where the part starts on the print bed. Use a knife to scrape down this edge for a better fit and look.
- For AXO's Ball Joints: I made the flat spots specifically to help with assembly.
- The legs can go on either way, but I've found the end with the larger gap tends to do better down.
- AXO's head is really tight on his neck. You can sand down the neck a bit to help. I like the neck joint to be super tight so his head stays on when wears helmets.
- No special print setting required. I use all standard settings on my Makerbot Replicator 2. I use the medium detail settings (2mm layers and 3X shells / no support).